Funding your Care


Our fees are based upon our assessment of your needs and are divided into 10 bands.

PAYING FOR CARE in England and Wales

Discussions with us and a person's financial circumstances will decide how their fees will be paid but below are some general rules.

If your level of savings and assets per person are over the following amounts, you will have to pay the full costs of your accomodation and personal care.

  • England                       £23,250
  • Wales                          £23,750


If your level of savings and assets per person are below the above amounts, your Local Authority may pay some, but not all, of the costs of your accommodation and personal care. 


If you are paying for your own care, you may be entitled to the following benefits:

  • Attendance Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Continuing Care Benefit
  • Nursing Care Grant
The funding rules relating to care in Scotland differ from those in England and
If your savings and capital are over £24,750 you will be responsible for paying all of your care home fees until your capital reduces to this level.  However you may be entitled to a contribution from your local Social Services towards these fees.  This contribution is known as 'free personal care' and can only be received after an assessment by the local council.
If your savings and capital are below £24,750 you may be entitled to support from your local authority.